On 2 Apr 2010, at 22:29, The Gaijin wrote:

> I've inherited a system from our development group, and I've been
> attempting to find information on recommended best practices for
> running mixed mod_perl, mod_python and mod_php simultaneously on
> Apache HTTPd using mod_prefork.  Unfortunately, my Google-fu hasn't
> produced much in the way of useful information, and I didn't find
> anything specific to this on the Apache.org site.

Why would you expect to find anything specific?  There's no
recommended 'best practice' for using multiple scripting
languages and environments: you could use the modules,
or CGI/fastcgi, or proxy a backend.  The only issue that arises
from using more than one together is the risk of being bitten
by some bug, but you won't know until you try.

One thing I would suggest: either compile everything yourself
or install everything from distro packages, don't mix-and-match.
The latter might put you at higher risk of linking multiple
versions of the same library.

--
Nick Kew