Hi, all

I have two reverse proxy servers, one is v2.2.15 (mpm=worker) and the other is
v2.2.14 (prefork). They both run on Solaris 10.

Now I have a request to redirct traffic for an additional web site which is
outsourced by another party.

What I have done on a reverse proxy (httpd-vhosts.conf) is to append:

<VirtualHost 10.10.10.10:80>
        ServerName      www.survey.juicycouture.com
        Redirect        /tellus http://survey.juicycouture.com/tellus
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.10.10.10:80>
        ServerName      www.survey.juicycouture.com
        Redirect        /       http://survey.juicycouture.com/tellus
</VirtualHost>

On the other reverse proxy server, I did the same:

<VirtualHost 20.20.20.20:80>
        ServerName      www.survey.juicycouture.com
        Redirect        /tellus http://survey.juicycouture.com/tellus
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 20.20.20.20:80>
        ServerName      www.survey.juicycouture.com
        Redirect        /       http://survey.juicycouture.com/tellus
</VirtualHost>

On the Apache 2.2.15 (ie 10.10.10.10), it works as the way I want. Apache
redirect the traffic to the site from URL that I typed in the browser
(http://www.survey.juicycouture.com and
http://www.survey.juicycouture.com/tellus).

On the Apache 2.2.14 (ie 20.20.20.20), it redirects the URL
(http://www.survey.juicycouture.com/tellus) correctly. When I typed
http://www.survey.juicycouture.com, it shows me the local document root
directory list which has Apache's default index.html file. If I click
index.html, it says "It Works!" from Apache and it did redirect the traffic.
I have put trailing "/" after "tellus",

Redirect        /       http://survey.juicycouture.com/tellus/

But it does not work also.

What is wrong here? Thanks.

Ryan Jiang

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.