From: Justin Pasher [mailto:just...@newmediagateway.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 10:37 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [us...@httpd] RE: Wield problem with a reverse proxy server

----- Original Message -----
> From: Ruiyuan Jiang <ruiyuan_ji...@liz.com>
> Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:54:24 -0400
> Subject: [us...@httpd] RE: Wield problem with a reverse proxy server
> To: users@httpd.apache.org <users@httpd.apache.org>
>

> Hi, all
>
> I posted below email but got no answer. Now I found that my Apache 2.2.15
> stopped working. It behaves the same way as Apache 2.2.14.
> As a test, I switched the order on Apache 2.2.15 for these two virtual host
> statements:
>
> <VirtualHost 10.10.10.10:80>
> </VitualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost 10.10.10.10:80>
>       ServerName      www.survey.juicycouture.com
>       Redirect        /       http://survey.juicycouture.com/tellus
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost 10.10.10.10:80>
>       ServerName      www.survey.juicycouture.com
>       Redirect        /tellus http://survey.juicycouture.com/tellus
> </VirtualHost>

You have two VirtualHost containers with the exact same settings (same
IP:port and same ServerName). There's no way for Apache to distinguish
between the two (it can only do so based upon the IP:port or ServerName).

What are you expecting to happen when someone visits a URL that is NOT
http://www.survey.juicycouture.com or
http://www.survey.juicycouture.com/tellus? Where should it go? Depending
on the answer to this, why not just create one VirtualHost with a simple
RewriteRule to push all requests to the new URL?

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule . http://survey.juicycouture.com/tellus

Otherwise, just handle the two special cases

RewriteRule ^/tellus$ http://survey.juicycouture.com/tellus

--
Justin Pasher

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.