Chris Montgomery wrote:
Well, not quite there yet. As I said in my other msg, I was able to
successfully hit http://myapps/index.html and get my dummy page to come
up after adding "myapps" to my hosts file and adding a Directory entry
in httpd.conf (I was getting a Access Forbidden before that):

<Directory "D:/webapps/myapps/">
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

Now, when I attempt to reach down into subdirectories, I am encountering
a 404 Not Found error. For example, I have a test folder under
D:/webapps/myapps/ but when I point my browser to
"http://myapps/test/index.html"; it throws the 404 error.

There must be some directive in the httpd.conf file to allow sub-folders
to be visible, right?

Your base httpd.conf file probably has a <Directory /> entry to disable the entire file system, but ... AH try taking the final slash off in
    DocumentRoot "D:/webapps/myapps/"
    DocumentRoot "D:/webapps/myapps"

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL