On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Tapas Mishra <mightydre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If you want a default that's not the same as any other current
>> virtualhost, add a virtualhost to act as the default.  If you're using
>> a debian-like configuration, prefix your vhost filenames with numbers
>> to control the order.
>  I am using a Debian based setup it is Ubuntu.
> You mean to say the choice of filename for vhost affects the order in
> which vhosts are looked by apache2.

The filename affects the order the system returns results for an
Include directive with a wildcard.

> Meaning a vhost
> with name 000-tapas will be served before the vhost file whose name is tapas.
> Is this the case.

It's really only significant for "the very first one" vs. "all
others", in the case where your request does not match any specific
ServerName/ServerAlias -- the first vhost will be used.

If you intentionally create virtualhosts with overlapping ServerName
and ServerAlias directives, maybe the order matters there too.    The
primary means for figuring out which name-based vhost to use is based
on the ServerName/ServerAlias of course.

--
Eric Covener
cove...@gmail.com