Great!

I understand your idea.

Thanks a lot!
  Saxa

El 08/08/2010 13:29, Stefano Sasso escribió:
2010/8/3 Saxa Egea<s...@saxa.dyndns.org>:
  Dear all,

I have compiled a httpd 2.2.16 with LDAP and DAV support running over SuSE
linux.

I'm trying to create a "ftp like" server through mod_dav. The authentication
is made to a LDAP directory.
I want to access with URL's like:

http://servername/user1000/
http://servername/user1001/
http://servername/user1002/

And just the user1000 should be able to access the user1000 directory, the
user1001 its own user1001 directory, etc.

I don't want to create a dedicated rule for each user/directory. And I don't
want to use the "~" at the beginning of the URL.
I resolved a problem like this using only "servername", without the /user1001.
I have a virtualhost dav.mydomain.com with DAV enabled for read-write
access, and a virtualhost, web.mydomain.com for read-only access,
without DAV. (the r-o access from web.mydomain is in
web.mydomain/user123 format).
The dav.mydomain configuration is like this:

<VirtualHost 192.168.17.124>
   ServerName dav.gnustile.lan
   ServerAlias dav.*
   DocumentRoot /srv/web

   <Directory /srv/web>
     DAV On
     Options Indexes
     Options +FollowSymLinks
     AllowOverride None
     AuthType Basic
     AuthName "WebDAV"
     AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/vhost.dav
     require valid-user
   </Directory>
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/icons/
   RewriteRule ^/(.*) /srv/web/%{LA-U:REMOTE_USER}/$1
   <Location /icons>
     <LimitExcept GET>
       deny from all
     </LimitExcept>