On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Frank Zappo <frank_za...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for responding, and apologies if I wasn't very clear.
> I have a server that is both RSA and ECC capable.  I want the
> server to accept HTTPS connections from both RSA and ECC clients
> on the same TCP port.  Presumably, the default port on the server
> will support only one of the algorithms (say, RSA), and thus need
> to detect the capabilities of the client so it can redirect to a different
> port if an ECC client connects.
>
> Any ideas as to how this would be best accomplished?  Or is this
> not how it works?

You mentioned before checking the Host: header.  If your two types of
clients connect to two different hostnames you can either use two IP
addresses or a pair of name-based vhosts with SNI (TLS Server Name
Indication).

You can't inspect this header, or any other, and use other modules to
respond because it would always be well after the handshake has
already occured.