-----Original Message----- From: J Wilson
Sent: 03 September, 2010 11:02
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [us...@httpd] 500 internal server error running php application

--- On Fri, 9/3/10, Daniel Reinhardt <crypto...@cryptodan.net> wrote:

From: Daniel Reinhardt <crypto...@cryptodan.net>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: Friday, September 3, 2010, 2:50 AM
-----Original Message----- From: J
Wilson
Sent: 03 September, 2010 3:50
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [us...@httpd] 500 internal server error running
php application

Hi there,

I am installing a PHP application, a shopping cart php
based, zen-cart on a Centos 5.3 box, running php 5.1.6 and
apache 2.2.3.  Have done this many times before no
problem, except now I recently had a sys admin set up my new
Centos 5 server and the way he set it up, I can't remember
if he made some settings in Apache httpd conf.d or php.ini
config  - when I run the install script on Zen Cart via
browser I get an internal server error.

I thought he told me at the time he either set up my
individual config files for each domain in httpd or php.ini
such that all the shopping cart - php scripts - files had to
be owned by Apache which I did do, I ran a chown -R
apache.apache on cart files they are now owned by apache,
then I ran the install script for the new store via browser
and I got the internal server error,  even though I can
view my index.html page no problem whether or not it is
owned by Apache.

I checked  php.ini switches, could not find anything
relating to the the domain in question also checked httpd
conf.d files for the domain in question and added some
Apache directives which I thought might do the trick, namely
this between virtual hosts tags:

<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
   SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>

no luck

So I think this is related to either Apache or php settings
for running php scripts could be just a switch in php config
riles or httpd.  Not sure if it's an apache or a php
switch or directive.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me a
hint as to how to troubleshoot?

Thanks

A 500 Internal Server Error is caused by a script timing
out.  Do other PHP Scripts run, or do they produce a
500 Internal Server error.

Thanks,
Daniel

Yes they run I have two other Zen Cart php stores on this server and they have been running for over a year no problems, when I installed the other 2 stores I had to have my guy set some switches in either apache or php to let them run, I'm trying to figure out how he configured either apache or php to allow them to run.

Maybe it could be firewall settings?

Start looking at the Database connection of the newly installed Zen Cart, since the other ones work out well.

How are these store's configured?

Thanks,
Daniel