On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 6:51 AM, Michelle Konzack
<linux4miche...@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I have to use a singel backup IP on a VHDSL and redirect the  whole  :80
> traffic to a DMZ where I want to use  "apache2"  as  proxy  to  redirect
> traffic to some internal servers.
>
> I tried to use
>
> ----[ '/etc/apache2/conf.d/apache_proxy' ]------------------------------
> NameVirtualHost         192.168.0.69:80
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.0.69:80>
>    ServerName          www.tdipmedia.net
>    ProxyPass           / http://192.168.0.208:80/
>    ProxyPassReverse    / http://192.168.0.208:80/
>    <Directory proxy:http://192.168.0.208:80/*>
>        Order           deny,allow
>        Allow           from all
>    </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>

Your config doesn't look right to me:

    NameVirtualHost         192.168.0.69:80

This says 'When a request comes in on the socket listening on IP
192.168.0.69, port 80, use the Host header from the request to infer
the virtualhost to use'.

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.69:80>
   ServerName          www.tdipmedia.net

</VirtualHost>

This says: 'When a request comes in on 192.168.0.69:80, with Host
header 'www.tdipmedia.net', use this virtualhost to serve the request'

This says: 'Proxy / to the website on http://192.168.0.208:80/'

   <Directory proxy:http://192.168.0.208:80/*>
       Order           deny,allow
       Allow           from all
   </Directory>

This is nonsense. A <Directory> refers to a disk location, nothing
else. If you wish to restrict who can access a reverse proxy, use a
<Proxy> directive or a <Location> directive.

> but the redirection to the IP 192.168.0.208 does not work.
>
> What I am missing here?
>
> Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
>    Michelle Konzack

Well, you haven't specified anything in your config that would result
in a redirect, you have configured a proxy. Apart from that...

So there are a couple of things you can check.

1) When you connect to the webserver, are you connecting to 192.168.0.69:80 ?
2) What Host header are you sending to the server? Typically a browser
will send the host portion of the URL you type in the address bar -
does that match 'www.tdipmedia.net'?
3) Where are your logs? What 'does not work' - explain what you've
tried, what the server does when you try that, and what error/info
messages are printed in the access and error logs.

Cheers

Tom