Guys,

I thank you for all your help in advance.

I have a bit of problem.

We have a setup which is as follows:

        * Apache + mod_jk setup as a load balancer for 2 jboss servers.
        * As you can see we have redundancy at the back with two jboss servers.
        * the other day the Apache + mod_jk went down because of a network card
problem
        * This prompt us to think of redundancy for this front end load
balancing server.

How do you guys deal with redundancy for this setup, The Apache + mod_jk?
What would be the best approach?
Do you guys have any recommendations that could actually mirror the Apache
server and give me some sort of HA failover?

Thank you very much for all your comments, suggestions and help I very much
appreciate it.

Thank you

Renato

Renato Oliveira
Linux System Administrator
e-mail: renato.olive...@grant.co.uk

Tel: +44 (0)1763 260811
Fax: +44 (0)1763 262410
http://www.grant.co.uk/

Grant will be exhibiting at:
http://www.pittcon.org/index.php

Grant Instruments (Cambridge) Ltd
Company registered in England, registration number 658133
Registered office address:
29 Station Road,
Shepreth,
CAMBS SG8 6GB
UK

CONFIDENTIALITY: The information in this e-mail and any attachments is
confidential. It is intended only for the named recipients(s). If you are not
the named recipient please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose
the contents to another person or take copies.

VIRUSES: The contents of this e-mail or attachment(s) may contain viruses which
could damage your own computer system. Whilst Grant Instruments (Cambridge) Ltd
has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept
liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You
should therefore carry out your own virus checks before opening the
attachment(s).