Niklas wrote:

> I want to use Apache2's built in functionality to authenticate and
> authorize user for accessing certain pages, mod_dbd. I want to store the
> users in MySQL.
>
> How should I set up this? I have tried a lot of things and it seems to be
> really hard getting it to work. As I understand, there is no support for
> this by default in Apache but I have to compile Apache in order to
> "include" the mysql driver. Today I get the "Invalid command 'DBDriver'"
> when starting httpd.

I have done this fairly recently.  Rather than go through it all here,
I'll refer you to http://www.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?p=93012
which I think is the article I found with google to figure out how to get
things working.

Essentially you need to install a third-party module to take care of the
logins.  There are a couple of them out there, none of them updated for
apache 2.2.x, but mysql-3.0.0 is close and a patch is available from
another source which will bring it the rest of the way.

Good luck,

Sheryl