----- "Jeroen Geilman" <jer...@adaptr.nl> wrote:

> On 12/01/2010 07:38 PM, ma...@manfbraun.de wrote:
> > Hello !
> >
> > I am just using this to log:
> >
> > LogFormat \
> >     "%{%F %T}t\t%v\t%p\t%h\t%{User-Agent} ... \
> >     vhost_combined2
> >
> > CustomLog "|/usr/bin/mono /test/eco.exe /var/log/apache2/extra_log
> 86400" \
> >     vhost_combined2
> >

> Okay.
>
> > May I use just a named pipe?
>
> You may log to any target the CustomLog documentation says is
> supported.
>
> >   What will happen, it the reader has a short
> > "dropout", is there a buffer and if not, would apache continue to
> log
> > to that pipe later?
> >

> If the logging process is interrupted for any reason, apache can
> obviously not guarantee logging.

moo-poo.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/logs.html#piped

""" Apache will start the piped-log process when the server starts, and will
restart it if it crashes while the server is running. (This last feature is why
we can refer to this technique as "reliable piped logging".)"""

> > If I use only one [global] logging directive, would all instances
> > really use this one log?
> >

> Yes.
>
> > Because the timestamp does not contain milliseconds, how can I
> > determine, which request was the first? Would it help me, just
> > to subtract the processing-time?
> >

> Probably not.

Using 2.3.

> Use a logging mechanism that records milli- or microseconds if you
> need that.

use 2.3

> The apache log contains the time of *completion* for the entire
> request, not the start time.

moo-poo.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/logs.html#accesslog
"""
[10/Oct/2000:13:55:36 -0700] (%t)
The time that the request was received. The format is:"""

You can also log duration.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats

> > It would really help me to understand, how the logging
> > is really working!
> >

> It's well documented at
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/logs.html

Igor Galić