On 13/01/2011 13:41, Bob Wilson wrote:
Can any one help with the initial configuration of Apache?

I was told that to make localhost point to a alternative directory I
should change both the 'Documentroot' AND 'Directory' paths

The original info in httpd.conf works OK

DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"

<Directory "C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs">

I have changed it to:

DocumentRoot "C:/Users/User/My Documents/htdocs"

<Directory "C:/Users/User/My Documents/htdocs">

Which doesn't work with error message 'The requested operation has failed!'

I'm sure that I didn't have this problem with XP but I'm now using Windows 7

Thanks

I think it's a permission problem, are u running apache as administrator?

--
Simone Caruso
IT Consultant