Am 14.01.2011 10:54, schrieb Bob Wilson:
DocumentRoot "C:/Users/User/My Documents/htdocs"

IMHO "My Documents" should written as "Documents" in the config file.

Thanks, but we think we've narrowed it down to an ACL problem with the
'user' directory

I don't think so... I guess you don't know how these special folders are working in Vista/7/2008.

The real name of this folder is "C:/Users/User/Documents/". But in Explorer you see a localized name according to your selected/installed display language. In your case it is "C:/Users/User/My Documents/". On my system it is "C:/Users/User/Eigene Dateien/". But Apache is always working with the real names.

(BTW: There is also a symlink "My Documents" in "C:/Users/User" for legacy programs. But this symlink folder should not be used.)

e.g I'm having:
| DocumentRoot "C:/Users/Public/Documents/htdocs"
| <Directory "C:/Users/Public/Documents/htdocs">

and for mod_userdir:
| UserDir "Documents/public_html"
| <Directory "C:/Users/*/Documents/public_html">

And that's always working regardless if the current user is using "English" as display language ("My Documents") or "German" ("Eigene Dateien"), because the real folder name is always "Documents".

Thanks for that. moving it to c:\data\htdocs did work so we can assume
that it is an ACL problem and nothing to do with apache!

In this case "c:\data\" is always "c:\data\", because this is not a special folder and is not localized in Explorer. So you see "data" in Explorer and it is "data" in the config file.

Regards,
Carsten