On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 05:36:01PM +0000, Igor Gali?? wrote:

> > > Indeed. This appears to be the problem. Such an option is missing.
> >
> > Right now I'm looking into 2.2's source to see how to add an option
> > preservehost=(on|off).
> >
> > Can you please test:
> > http://people.apache.org/~igalic/patches/mod_proxy-preserve_host.diff
> >
> > duh.. nodocumentationpatch!
> > But I'm pretty sure you can guess how to use it ;)
>
> http://people.apache.org/~igalic/patches/mod_proxy-preserve_host.2.diff
> Adds: Documentation, CHANGES update, MMN bump
> Also has a _set variable analogous to the other options.
>
> Bonus: compiles.
> Untested so far.

Thanks. I've poked and snuffled, but a co-worker has pointed out that
there may be problems if this worker is a member of two different balance
pools. The connection properties would be controlled by the worker, but
what is sent down that connection should be controlled by the balancer pool.

I followed your earlier lead when you mentioned ProxyPreserveHost is now
localisable in trunk. I dug out svn commit r824072 which looks to be exactly
what I need. It should prevent shared workers getting mixed up by allowing
me to set the Host at the <Proxy balancer://..> level.

I have a sneaking suspicion trying to set <Proxy http://10.*> for a worker
would never work anyway, as the system won't see that as the destination.
It will see the balancer instead, so only the <Proxy balancer://..> config
would apply anyway.

We'll see how far I get.

DFW