I knew this is old but we can't stop production right a way!  need some time to
upgrade.. I am looking for small hack...

After couple of changes in Makefile of mod_ssl i build libssl.so module with
the help of apxs. But what if i want name like mod_ssl.so what should i do ? or
just rename libssl.so to mod_ssl.so

[satish@donkey mod_ssl-2.8.1-1.3.19]$ ldd ./pkg.sslmod/libssl.so
        statically linked