The timeout values (both Timeout:120 and KeepAliveTimeout:15)
are obscenely large. Timeout should be maybe 10 and KeepAliveTimeout
maybe 3 (if a persistent connection is coming, it will come quickly,
otherwise its best to put up with the overhead of socket teardown/
buildup rather than have an Apache process sitting around doing
nothing).

MaxRequestsPerChild:10000 is also low... should be 0.

Explanation for the problem: poor configuration.