Hi all,

if a server is killed (SIGKILL) during a "large" static file transfer, then
the client is not notified by his browser that file has not been completely
downloaded. On Win it just says it is not a valid Win32 application or
corrupted or sth.
Now I know this is not a general problem and a graceful restart is the way
to go around this, but if I do an upgrade then proper restart is required,
or at least I think I remember I had problems with graceful restart in such
situations.

According to this article
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2011/03/09/browsers-accommodate-incorrect-http-content-length-and-sites-depressingly-depend-on-it.aspx
sending RST TCP flag should solve the problem for majority of browsers, but
I don't know how to achieve such a behaviour of Apache on Linux.

Does anyone know how to work around this issue?

Thanks for your answer,
b.