OK, I just thought had had some legitimate concerns.

See us online at http://www.LOVEnCompany.com.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] One Apache ( having two hostname but one IP ) for tw
o websites
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 21:30:39 -0500

On 4/26/2011 7:40 PM, Stephen Love wrote:
> I figured you could have it identify by name instead of IP PORT. I am not
> sure myself, how
> to sort by PORT, but name recognition works great.

What are you talking about?  He's using named hosting, he already
identified that host1.com and host2.com were distinguished correctly,
and didn't understand why it didn't grok host1 / host2 (undistinguished,
absolute windows peer host names without a .com suffix).

Nothing to do with ports.  But name recognition works well with explicit
ports as well.