I know I should add the root directory due to security, but I am getting this
error.

website error.log:

Thu Mar 24 19:23:05 2011] [error] [client 98.226.168.246] client denied by
server configuration: /

I guess I need to be asking why it needs access to the root of the computer and
not just the website directory.