On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Duke <duke.li...@gmx.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please forgive me if the question was asked before. I have been using apache
> for quite a bit of time (3-4 years) but I am totally new to the group.
> Recently I tried to give our Red Hat server's apache FastCGI capability and
> hence I installed mod_fcgid. The module loaded fine, but issues happen when
> I tried to configure it:
>
> <IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
>  Alias /fgb2 "/var/www/cgi-bin/gb2"
> <Location /fgb2>
>    SetHandler   fcgid-script
>    Options      ExecCGI
> </Location>
>  DefaultInitEnv GBROWSE_CONF /etc/gbrowse2
>  # these directives prevent idle/busy timeouts and may need to be
>  # adjusted up or down
>  FcgidMinProcessesPerClass 6
>  FcgidIOTimeout   600
>  FcgidBusyTimeout 600
> </IfModule>
>
> The error is:
> $ service httpd start
>> Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 40 of
>> /etc/httpd/conf.d/z_gbrowse2.conf:
>> Invalid command 'FcgidMinProcessesPerClass', perhaps misspelled or defined
>> by a module not included in the server configuration
>>                                                             [FAILED]

mod_fcgid is apparently not loaded, or you have an older version.

If the directive DefaultMinClassProcessCount is recognized but
FcgidMinProcessesPerClass is not, you have a pre-ASF version of
mod_fcgid.

> My server does not have mod_fastcgi module by the way (and I think mod_fcgid
> is to replace mod_fastcgi, please correct me if I am wrong).

mod_fcgid and mod_fastcgi are alternative implementations; some find
mod_fcgid to work better for them than mod_fastcgi