Dear List,

For the browsers that support XHTML we'll set the Content-Type as
"application/xhtml+xml" otherwise we'll send the same XHTML
document as Content-Type "text/html."  Is the best way to do this like:

AddDefaultCharset text/html
SetEnvIfNoCase Accept "xhtml" ua_supports_xhtml=1
Header set Content-Type "application/xhtml+xml" env=ua_supports_xhtml

Thanks,

http://www.t1shopper.com/

PS. We'd consider using mod_negotiation to do this but we'd prefer not to make
a HTML and XHTML of the same page.  We're just going
to make one XHTML document and send it to everyone. The browsers that don't
support XHTML will just have to do their best.

PPS. The recommended Content-Type for XHTML documents (which despite mixed
support, is W3C's recommended language for mobile
browsers: http://www.w3.org/TR/mobile-bp/#ddc ) is "application/xhtml+xml" but
it's permitted to be "text/html."

http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/NOTE-xhtml-media-types-20090116/#text-html