But when I do that, it says it's already enabled.

On , Yehuda Katz <yeh...@ymkatz.net> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 11:49 PM, zavelo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello and thank you again for your replies thus far. I am still trying to get apache to parse php. I ran apache2ctl -L and I don't see php as an available module, yet when I do ls /etc/apache2/mods-available, I see the php5.conf and php5.load files. Does this information shed any light on my dis-configuration?

mods-available is for any module which you have binaries on your server.
You need to enable the module using a2enmod php5 which links it to the mods-enabled directory.

You could also manually create the necessary symlinks, but I recommend using the script that will do it for you.

- Yehuda