On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Gulati, Sushant
<sushant.gul...@altisource.com> wrote:
> First of all I really appreciate all the help I’ve received from this
> mailing list.
>

> We have a setup with a Wildcard SSL certificate for *.mydomain.com. There is
> a Tomcat server running in the background integrated with Apache through
> mod_jk. Till now, all the requests to www.mydomain.com were redirected to
> www.mydomain.com/mycontext/ . Similarly all requests to abc.mydomain.com
> were redirected to abc.mydomain.com/mycontext/ .
>

> Now we have a new requirement to have all requests to www.mydomain.com to be
> redirected to Tomcat A with the context root as mycontext and any other
> request, e.g. abc.mydomain.com or def.mydomain.com to be redirected to
> Tomcat B with mycontext as the context root. The Name based Virtual Hosting
> will not work probably because of the SSL traffic. I am also thinking of
> using different context roots for different URLs, to segregate the traffic.
> Any help/suggestions/pointers would be most welcome J.

Name based vhosts work well with SSL as long as you are serving all
vhosts using the same certificate. If this is a wildcard certificate,
and all the domains used in the vhosts are covered by that
certificate, then name based vhosts will work fine.

Cheers

Tom