On 2011-07-21 17:28, Josu Lazkano wrote:

Hello list, I am trying to configure a server with lots of vhost.

I need to check if they are online with Monit, for this, I just create this on each vhost:

        Alias /monit/ /var/www/monit/

<Directory "/var/www/monit/">

                Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks

                AllowOverride None

                Order deny,allow

                Deny from all

                Allow from all

</Directory>

So, I just add on the Monit lines like this:

   #domain1

if failed host domain1.com port 80 protocol http and request "/monit/token" then alert

if failed host www.domain1s.com port 80 protocol http and request "/monit/token" then alert

   #domain2

if failed host domain2.com port 80 protocol http and request "/monit/token" then alert

if failed host www.domain2.com port 80 protocol http and request "/monit/token" then alert

There is a "token" file on /var/www/monit/ so, if Monit can not get this file it send an alert.

The Monit service is on localhost, so I just want to get access to this directory just localhost.

How could I do that?

By not allowing from All, obviously.

You could also simplify the shit out of this by defining the directory and alias ONCE, outside any vhost.

And alias only /monit/token, since that is apparently all that is requested.

--
J.