We are getting a really large number of “Reading Request” showing up in our
Apache server status output. The server slowed to a crawl . We related it to
access to a site on our network and disabled access but we are not sure why it
would be generating such a problem.  We do not believe it was a Denial Of
Service attack. The server is a virtual host server for many web sites here
300+.

We are using Apache 2.0 on Solaris

I have been googling and looking thru the archives for this mailing list but
thus far no solutions. Anyone have experience with this or can point me to a
helpful discussion from the past?

Thanks
John