On August 18, 2011 6:39 , "Amira Othman" <a.oth...@cairosource.com> wrote:

I am running apache httpd-2.2.3-45.el5.1.vm on cento 5.6 for testing purpose. I added ip with domain name in hosts file to complete my test. The problem is that after first typing url it opens website on virtual machine but after that it automatically redirect request to the actual website how can I stop that to complete my testing

Make sure that the fully qualified domain name of the virtual machine (the one you use to access the web server, this should be the same as you specify in the Apache HTTP Server "Servername" directive) is not the same as a real server that exists on the network. That is, if there is a real web server that people access through http://website.example.com/ then make sure you configure your test web server in the virtual machine to respond to something different, such as http://website-test.example.com/ and then have website-test.example.com in your hosts file instead of website.example.com.

Alternatively, access the web server in your virtual machine by using its IP address in all URLs instead of using fully qualified domain names. For example, http://10.0.0.2/some/page.html

--
  Mark Montague
  m...@catseye.org