On 9/21/2011 5:32 PM, mortee wrote:

> Any ideas about this topic?
>
> On 09/08/2011 11:41, mortee wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a way to enable both SSLEngine and plain HTTP forward proxying
>> on the same port / virtual host?
>>
>> To be specific, I want my Apache to serve usual HTTPS on port 443, but
>> also act as a proxy server using the ProxyRequests directive on the same
>> port. That's because I don't have another IP address so I have to use
>> the same, and I want to use my server for CONNECT tunneling, which is
>> restricted to port 443 by the corporate firewall.

You can only connect to a given port as plain http or as ssl/tls https.

You can enable upgrade on the plain http connection; no (or very few)
browsers support this semantic (rfc2817).

You can CONNECT once you've established any of these connnections to
either crypted or unencrypted backends.  You can proxy requests to http,
https, or even ftp servers once you established any of these connections.

So set up 443 as a crypted proxy, end of story.