I did this using a <Directory> directive--you can put your LDAP auth stuff
there and apply it to the top-level file system directory of your application.
Users won't be able to bypass that. (I'm assuming that you're currently using a
<Location> directive and that your entire application lives in a single
directory structure.)

This will generally work for what you want to do--you didn't provide enough
information in your post to provide a response specific to your situation.

~ Tom
(Sent from my mobile.)