Hi Tom,

Thanks for mailing. Please find the code I do have for LDAP authentication
in apache2.0.64,

<Directory */var/www/html*>
   AuthType Basic
   AuthName "Stooges Web Site: Login with email address"
   AuthLDAPEnabled on
   AuthLDAPURL ldaps://ldap.*your-domain*.com:636/o=stooges?mail
   AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=StoogeAdmin,o=stooges"
   AuthLDAPBindPassword *secret1*
   require valid-user
</Directory>

but I am failing to have additional features listed below to
authentication like,

-Search and Bind a user in LDAP by passing Group ID who can authorise
any specific user belongs to the group

-Redirecting the request if any user directly access url in
application (if we can stop in this level)

-Have a proper html login page to accept user name and password rather
having simple windows dialog box.

I thought to have the latest version to over come these problems, so I
am trying to install apache 2.2.21 (stable version). May be I am not
trying to install properly as failing to configure ldap module using
configure script.

Please give me the right steps or order I should be following to
install Apache 2.2.21 successfully with ldap modules.

This is the order I am trying to install apache 2.2.21:

$ httpd2.2.21>apr> buildconf

$ httpd2.2.21>apr> configure with apr lib

$ httpd2.2.21>apr>make

$ httpd2.2.21>apr>make install

$ httpd2.2.21>apr-util> buildconf

$ httpd2.2.21>apr-util> configure with apr-util lib

$ httpd2.2.21>apr-util>make

$ httpd2.2.21>aprutil>make install

$ httpd2.2.21> buildconf

$ httpd2.2.21> configure --prefix =Apache install folder --with-ldap

$ httpd2.2.21> make

$ httpd2.2.21> make install

Regards,

Muthu