Dr. Sunil M. Dogra wrote:
hi Lester Caine,
my ISP is ernet india and cdrstdu.edu.in <http://cdrstdu.edu.in> is also
registered with http://www.registry.ernet.in/

I think you need to be talking to them to find out how you set up the ip address of your machine. CDRSTDU.EDU.IN can't be your name server ... that entry needs to be a computer that will connect CDRSTDU.EDU.IN with your own ip address. I use 1and1 as an ISP, and the name servers are a 1and1 address

lsces.co.uk is pointing to 81.138.11.136, my fixed ip address here, and the name servers are
ns67.1and1.co.uk
ns68.1and1.co.uk

both provide that link.

I don't think that http://www.registry.in/whois/cdrstdu.edu.in is currently set up to point properly to a name server. It may be that you need to set up this information with an IP address, which is how I believe the ac.uk academic system works.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL