From: Yehuda Katz [mailto:yeh...@ymkatz.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 8:27 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Q) apache + W2008R2 + NLB

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 5:12 AM, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker
<alex.sa...@yieldbroker.com> wrote:
Hi

I am in the situation where I am looking at replacing a rhel LVS + apache load
balanced reverse proxy with Windows, I have started to look at IIS7.  But I am
thinking I would rather use apache.

Has anyone on the list used apache on W 2008 R2 and have the used it with the
Microsoft NLB. Does it work ?

Apache works very well on Server 2008 R2 (I have several servers using it).
I suggest you get the pre-compiled version from Apache Lounge (or
64-bit) instead of from apache.org.
Installing it in a path with no spaces on the C: drive (I use C:\Webserv) will
make sure you do not run into trouble later because of those issues.
I have never had the need for NLB, but there should be no reason it would not
work (Source).

- Y