Greetings,

I'm trying to used piped logs as described here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/logs.html#piped.  The environment is
httpd 2.2.11 on sco 6.0.0 (SCO_SV system 5 6.0.0 i386).  I'm using
User nouser
Group nogroup

Apache is unable to start, printing the following to stderr on startup:
[Tue Dec 06 13:09:59 2011] [error] (22)Invalid argument: setting of
group failedBroken Pipe

It doesn't seem to matter what program I use on the other end of the
pipe.  I'm actually trying to use rotatelogs but echo seems to have
the same problem.  I've tried various setuid tricks just to see if I
could pinpoint the issue.  I suid'd the rotatelogs binary to root as
well as nouser and neither seemed to help.  I suspect that this
problem is isolated to SCO.  Any ideas would be appreciated.