Greetings,

I have a situation in which a PHP script is getting hung on a socket call and
never exiting.  Also never getting to the point of sending back any output to
the client in the form of HTML.

Before you tell me to ask the PHP list though, the language of the script is
really irrelevant (and I have already posted on a PHP list concerning the call
that is hanging).

The point is, my reading of the docs on the various timeouts in apache leads me
to think that unless there is something on the way to/from the client none of
the timeouts apply.  I don't see a way to limit the time that something is
*preparing* to send back a response.

Certainly Timeout at the default setting has no effect, and I don't see any
other directive that looks promising.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Sheryl