> mod_proxy_html is an output filter to rewrite HTML links in a proxy
> situation, to ensure that links work for users outside the proxy. It
> serves the same purpose as Apache's ProxyPassReverse directive does for
> HTTP headers, and is an essential component of a reverse proxy.
> Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug
> Origin: Ubuntu

BTW, I take issue with that description. It's not "an essential component of a
reverse proxy"; it's what you use in desperation if you really need your proxy
to present a different path than the backend, or the backend generates content
with absolute links to its own server address (naughty!). And you still may
have problems if the content generated is sufficiently sophisticated (e.g.:
JavaScript which creates self-ref links dynamically) that mod_proxy_html can't
address it. Truly a last resort - much better if you can just do:

ProxyPass /foo http://backend/foo
ProxyPassReverse /foo http://backend/foo