A related question to the one I posted earlier about env variables.

In my httpd.conf, I want to setup some custom error logs for my application,
using a statement like this:

ErrorLog "|[apachepath]/bin/rotatelogs.exe -l [apachepath]/logs/error_blah.log
86400"

The problem is that I would have to hardcode the apachepath, which is something
I want to avoid (since it may vary on different dev machines).

Is there a way to know what that is?

The only way we have found to do this is to use <Perl> sections with statements
like these:

---
        my $path_to_logs = catfile Apache2::ServerUtil::server_root, qw(logs);
        my $path_to_bin = catfile Apache2::ServerUtil::server_root, qw(bin);
---

It works, but I would prefer a solution that does not involve <Perl> sections
(since they are harder to read and debug).

Thx.

Alain Désilets
Agent de recherche | Research Officer
Institut de technologie de l'information | Institute for Information Technology
Conseil national de recherches du Canada | National Research Council of Canada