I'm running Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) which is the latest version
available for CentOS5.
I'm noticing the following in my error logs:
sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file

They usually arrive in groups of 2-10 such messages; always the exact
same message and always in pairs.

I've done all the normal examination of access logs that you would
expect and with various markers that I've been able to send to my
error log, I can pinpoint the time of the errors to within a second or
two. But nothing of interest shows in my access logs. Only what
appears to be normal and harmless looking GET requests for appropriate
URLs to my site. There are not any POSTs near the error time which I
understand could send data that I could not gather from the access
logs.

I've googled and have seen a very few people seeing this, but no answers.

Any thoughts, please?

Thank you.
Phil