On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Edward Quick <edwardqu...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> That hadn't even crossed my mind to be honest, and not wishing to state the
> obvious, I assume you have ServerSignature set to off.
> PCI is fundamental to most places these days. Are those compliancy checks
> carried out by a third party and if so, wouldn't it just be a case of
> telling them their checks are wrong?

Pretty much.

Also note that Red Hat in particular supports CVE and OVAL
vulnerability definitions very well. OVAL is a set of well-defined XML
that defines vulnerabilities and "fixed in" versions - it's consumable
by computers in order for things like the above not to happen. See
http://www.redhat.com/security/data/oval/ for the actual XML files.

You can also plug in any CVE number into a URL and get a statement on
it and any relevant errata, for example
https://access.redhat.com/security/cve/CVE-2011-3607

Hope that helps!
-Jon