> I think so. This is a paradigm shift for people using NameVirtualHost
> a.b.c.d and taking advantage of the old "default" per-ip container
> for virtualhost patterns matching a.b.c.d. on the same port. The
> wildcard in the first container is what is causing the problem for me.

In 2.4, the only intended difference is that:

* overlaps in virtualhosts creates a corresponding NVH implicitly,
rather than complaining that one is an unreachable non-NVH
* _default_ and * are the same

Do you have a concise 2.2 config that behaves differently in 2.4 and
didn't generate warnings in 2.2?