On 7 mrt. 2012, at 09:37, Tianyin Xu wrote:
> OK, cool!
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> -- Tianyin
>
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 12:25 AM, Marco van Tol <ma...@tols.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 06:15:11PM -0800, Tianyin Xu wrote:
> > Hi, Marco,
> >
> > I tried to replay the bug you found. But I didn't see any error message. It
> > works pretty well...
> > I'm sure that I followed all the steps listed in your previous email.
> >
> > Could you provide more information?
> >
> > btw, My platform is Ubuntu 10.04.
>
> Ah okay, thank you for trying to replicate this.  I will try to get more
> information, which might involve me installing ubuntu some place and see
> what happens.
>
> It may be in the apr area, which is also where some of the functions are
> in the stacktrace that results from the segfault.  I'll let you know.

Hey, sorry for the long silence from my side of things.

I haven't tried much else with this yet due to too many other things to do.

What I can add for information is the following:

- My initial "how to replicate" also works for apache-2.4.2
- What I forgot to mention in the first place is that I also download the
httpd-2.4.2-deps.tar.gz tarball, and extract that into the extracted
httpd-2.4.2.tar.gz dir.  That causes it to use the apr from the -deps tarball,
which might explain what I see.  Not sure.

That's all for now, at some point I will try to have more information.

Thanks,

--
Marco van Tol