Hi to all.

I'm running JBoss 5.1.2 with Apache 2.2 with mod_proxy_ajp and mod_shib 2.4 on RHEL 6.2 environment, so Shibboleth as SSO authentication. Proxying Apache request to JBoss we are not able to retreive REMOTE_USER via request attribute. An example of application code is:

String username = (String) request.getAttribute("REMOTE_USER");

but, as I said before, REMOTE_USER is not in the attribute header! The problem is that using a proxy, requests attribute are lost!
By Google, some user suggests to configure this rewrite rule on Apache

###
    RewriteCond %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER} (.*)
    RewriteRule .* - [E=MY_REMOTE_USER:%1]
    RequestHeader add REMOTE_USER %{MY_REMOTE_USER}e
###

but in this case "REMOTE_USER" is a Request Header and not a request attribute. Is there anyone that know how to proxy REMOTE_USER as request attribute with mod_proxy_ajp?

Thanks a lot.
Francesco.