Il 08/05/2012 14:24, Eric Covener ha scritto:
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Francesco Sordillo<f.sordi...@cineca.it>  wrote:

Il 08/05/2012 12:45, Eric Covener ha scritto:

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 6:14 AM, Francesco Sordillo<f.sordi...@cineca.it>
  wrote:

but, as I said before, REMOTE_USER is not in the attribute header! The
problem is that using a proxy, requests attribute are lost!

Since you say it's lost -- In what environment is this attribute in
JBOSS ever set?

It is not set in JBoss but via mod_shib in Apache. The same application runs
over OAS Application Server with Oracle HTTP Server, an Apache 1.3
customized by Oracle with mod_oc4j that replace mod_proxy, and it works
properly.

AFAICT that attribute is not spec.  Try
HTTPServletRequest#getRemoteUser() and tomcatAuthentication=false if
you want the webservers auth to be trusted.

It is already set, but this doesn't solve the problem of the request attribute.

What that I need is something like "JkEnvVar" of mod_jk
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html
that forward REMOTE_USER as request property.

F.

Francesco Sordillo
CINECA - System and Technologies Department
e-mail: f.sordi...@cineca.it
phone: (0039) 051 6171 874