--On 29 June 2012 10:06:04 +0200 Daniel Merino <daniel.mer...@unavarra.es> wrote:

However, with some specially sensible videos we also have an extra
protection. We set an htaccess with mod_authn_dbd linked with Drupal
database, so direct access to these resources URLs is protected with the
same user & password used in Drupal.

I suggest you don't do that then.

How about getting your http Drupal installation to send out an http URL to
the video which contains e.g. the username, a time, and a hash of both with
a secret.

Then, in the bit serving the videos, check that the hash is valid, and the
time is within (say) 5 seconds of the current time (which will prevent
reuse and token sharing), and just stream with no further authentication.

--
Alex Bligh