On 25.07.2012 16:31, Ruiyuan Jiang wrote:
Hi, all

Last month, I posted a problem that httpd v2.2.22 did not work with openssl v1.0.1c. For
me, it worked with openssl v1.0.0g with the same "configure" options for httpd
and openssl. So far I did not hear anything. I am re-post my message here and hopefully I
can get response this time. Thanks.

# ./configure --enable-ssl=shared --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl

checking whether to enable mod_ssl... checking dependencies
checking for SSL/TLS toolkit base... /usr/local/ssl
   adding "-I/usr/local/ssl/include" to CPPFLAGS
   adding "-I/usr/local/ssl/include" to INCLUDES
   adding "-L/usr/local/ssl/lib" to LDFLAGS
checking for OpenSSL version... checking openssl/opensslv.h usability... yes
checking openssl/opensslv.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/opensslv.h... yes
checking openssl/ssl.h usability... yes
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
OK
   forcing SSL_LIBS to "-lssl -lcrypto  "
   adding "-lssl" to LIBS
   adding "-lcrypto" to LIBS
checking openssl/engine.h usability... yes
checking openssl/engine.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/engine.h... yes
checking for SSLeay_version... yes
checking for SSL_CTX_new... no
checking for ENGINE_init... no
checking for ENGINE_load_builtin_engines... no
checking for SSL_set_cert_store... no
configure: error: ... Error, SSL/TLS libraries were missing or unusable
[root@server httpd-2.2.22]#

Usually more detailed error infomration can be found in the file config.log in the build directory. The information we are looking for is not at the end of the file, but directly before the long list of variables and values that ends the file.

Especialy we are looking for the detailed error messages leading to:

> checking for SSL_CTX_new... no
> checking for ENGINE_init... no
> checking for ENGINE_load_builtin_engines... no
> checking for SSL_set_cert_store... no

Regards,

Rainer