You can get the module for 2.2 from

http://people.apache.org/~wrowe/httpd-2.2-ports/

Ruiyuan Jiang

-----Original Message-----
From: Marten Lehmann [mailto:lehm...@cnm.de]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 8:33 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] mod_extract_forwarded or mod_rpaf for Apache 2.2/2.4?

Thanks. Is anything like that available for Apache 2.2? Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
only ships with Apache 2.2.22. I would have to build my own Apache with
all dependencies just for this single module.

On 24.08.2012 00:19, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Marten Lehmann <lehm...@cnm.de> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> is there any module like mod_extract_forwarded or mod_rpaf available for
>> Apache 2.2 or Apache 2.4?
>>
>> These modules change the value of REMOTE_ADDR to the original client IP
>> address behind a proxy request, that is given by the X-Forwarded-for header
>> - only if the request comes from trusted hosts of course. It makes rewriting
>> scripts to check for both REMOTE_ADDR and X-Forwarded-For head obsolete and
>> means you can continue to use .htaccess access permissions (Allow and Deny
>> from).
>
> httpd 2.4 has mod_remoteip for that purpose:
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_remoteip.html
>

>> Kind regards
>> Marten

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.