Hi,
I'm trying to setup my first Apache server. I have created a simple web
page with some jpg images and some links to download some tif files. When I
load the page via http I can't see the images or download the tifs.
However, if I open the index.html file as a file with Firefox it works
fine. I see the following message in the Firefox error console. "security
error: content at 192.168.1.10 may not load or link to
file://usr/local/apache2/images/08063.jpg" I am running this on Red Hat
Enterprise 6 with the current Apache version. I am running this as the root
user currently but I have also created a web user and set that and made
that user the owner of the directories with the files and images.  I
thought it was a permissions error but all the directories are set at 755.
I even tried 777 just to make sure it isn't permission related. I also saw
some references to the DocumentRoot variable being set so I copied the
images directory under the DocumentRoot directory but get the same thing. I
also verified that the variable permissions.default.image is set to 1 via
Firefox about:config. I also tried adding the images directory to
explicitly allow access using AllowOverride All but that didn't work
either. Any ideas where I could look next? Thanks.