On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 11:04:46AM -0400, Rick Lopez wrote:
> However, if I open the index.html file as a file with Firefox it works
> fine. I see the following message in the Firefox error console. "security
> error: content at 192.168.1.10 may not load or link to
> file://usr/local/apache2/images/08063.jpg"

That would suggest that your HTML file is linking to the filesystem
rather than through HTTP. Check that the links in your HTML are
correctly formed as http references.

> I am running this on Red Hat
> Enterprise 6 with the current Apache version.

Presumably you mean the version currently supplied by RedHat for RHEL6,
which is 2.2.15? The current Apache version is 2.4.3 (or 2.2.23).

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107