Hi,

I need a way to upload files to a remote Apache Web Server. Can you guide me on
the best option?
I want to avoid setting up a separate FTP server on the same box if possible.

I have seen some options while browsing on the net:
1. WebDav - some sites say that it is an old protocol and performance on WAN
would not be good
2. NETBIOS shares - as it is a windows server, Netbios may work. But
performance on WAN connections is speculated to be bad.
3. Enable FTP protocol on Apache using Mod_ftp. Haven't managed to successfully
configure this module yet.

Also note that the file uploads will be via a JAVA application (not
servlet/manual uploads). So whatever is the option, it should enable uploads
via a java application.
The files to upload will vary from 1mb to 30mb to upto 100mb (rare). Average
size would be 5mb.
WAN connection would restrict bandwidth to 30-40kbps speed per connection. So
the option should be able to sustain a file upload on such a slow WAN
connection.

Sudip Kumar Bhattacharya

This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be privileged. It
may be read, copied and used only
by intended recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or attachments) and
disclosure or copying of its
contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful. Unintended
recipients must notify the sender immediately
by e-mail/phone & delete it from their system without making any copies or
disclosing it to a third person.