Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>     Roel shared his full config with me off-list, but lets keep the
>     replies on list, so that others with the same problem can benefit.
>
>     I think the issue is that you are not hitting the vhost you think you
>     are hitting. Can you put a CustomLog in the vhost you think this
>     should be going to, load the resource, and see if it appears in the
>     access log for that vhost.
>
>     I think it is hitting the vhost in sites-enabled/001-familie, and not
>     sites-enabled/999-default. It is non-obvious this is happening,
>     because they share the same DocumentRoot.
>
>     To fix this, you should fix your NameVirtualHost setting and
>     <VirtualHost> containers. If you are solely using name based virtual
>     hosting, you should have "NameVirtualHost *:80" (which is in the stock
>     config) and no NameVirtualHost <your_ip>:80. All your <VirtualHost>
>     containers should be <VirtualHost *:80> (matching the NameVirtualHost
>     directive).

Replacing all  <VirtualHost [ipaddress]:80> by <VirtualHost *:80> resulted in
sites-enabled/001-genea to always have precedence, thus all traffic redirected
to genea.

Cleaning up the config by removing the obsolete  dpkg-dist files and
consequently replacing all <VirtualHost *:80> statements by <VirtualHost
[ipaddress]:80> made it work, finally

Thanks for the quick reply.

--
Roel Wagenaar,
Linux-User #469851 with the Linux Counter; http://linuxcounter.net/

Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off NOW!