On 10/4/2012 11:32 AM, Bhattacharya, Sudip wrote:
> Hi Sridhar,
>
> This would apply to the whole virtual host. I need to enable it for specific
> subfolders.

Something like this should work:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} =/folder/xmlfiles/static.xml
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !=""
#The ? at the end causes the %{QUERY_STRING} to be omitted
#from %{REQUEST_URI} during rewriting.
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ %{REQUEST_URI}? [R=301,L]

If any mod_rewrite expert has suggestions or revisions, please jump in.